Shaping Your Teen’s Character Part 4: Insights From Teens
According to a recent survey, teens’ top three desires involved being heard or feeling like someone hears them, having their passions and interests acknowledged by others (although not always the same interests as their parents), and hungering for meaningful relationships with adults (especially from caring parents). To help accomplish those desires, here are their ten tips for moms and dads to assist in promoting positive relationships with their teens:
- Look at us.
- Spend time talking to us.
- Be dependable.
- Show appreciation for what we do.
- Show that you’re interested.
- Laugh with us (and at yourself now and then).
- Ask us to help you.
- Challenge us.
- “Teen Voice 2010 Report,” https://www.at15.com.
To view the entire resource, Shaping Your Teen’s Character, please click here.