God’s Promises to the Believer
2 Peter 1:3-4, “According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”
The following collection of Bible verses are promises that God has given specifically to believers. If Jesus Christ is not your Lord and Savior, unfortunately, you cannot claim these promises for yourself at this time. However, as Romans 10:9 says, “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Humble yourself, repent of your sin, and come to faith in Jesus Christ today and these promises are yours too!
If you are a follower of Jesus Christ, the promises below are for you. Many people know the words of the verses, but do not internalize them and experience the power of the Truth. It is important for you to personalize the promises and choose to believe they are true for you! Below are some steps for internalizing these promises:
1. Identify the promise from the Scripture as the truth.
2. Make the choice to affirm it as truth over your life. That is, believe that the promise is true for you.
3. Ask yourself, “If I lived like this promise was 100% true, how would I live? What type of difference would it make in my life?”
4. Make the choice to live like the truth is truly true even if your feelings don’t match. Remember, when your feelings and the truth are in conflict, always follow the truth of the Word.
Believers can claim the promises below because of God’s grace and goodness toward them. We cannot claim any right to these promises based on our own worthiness. Therefore, in order to keep these promises in perspective, it is helpful to use the following sentence stems:
1. Because of salvation through Christ…
2. Because of the Holy Spirit’s work in me…
3. Because of God’s love, power, and plan…
For the full article and verses, click here.