Clinical Counseling Fee Information
What is your fee policy?
The fee schedule is established to help cover the costs to operate this service. Clients are expected to pay the rate that they agree upon at the time of receiving services. The client also has a responsibility to let their counselor know about any problems they are having with payment of fees.
What are your fees for clinical counseling?
The full rate for a Masters level counselor is $120 per 50 minute session. The full rate for a Ph.D. level counselor is $135 per 50 minute session. However, as a non-profit ministry, no one will be denied services because of their inability to pay. To help make these services available for more people, we offer a sliding fee rate schedule, based on family income.
What is your sliding fee rate schedule?
Our Sliding Fee Rate Schedule allows individuals and families with lower incomes to pay a lower fee. We are able to provide a sliding scale because of the donations we receive from the Apostolic Christian Church of America. Clients are asked to assess their ability to pay based on their circumstances. Individual circumstances may make it unfeasible to pay the recommended sliding fee amount or, on the other hand, may make it possible to pay above the recommended sliding fee amount. If the client is someone that is claimed as a dependent on their parents’/guardians’ income tax return, the parents’/guardians’ family annual income must be used to determine the sliding fee rate.
Are there any other fees?
Yes, there are.
- There is an extra $30 charge for the first session. It is a longer, diagnostic session and all of the initial paperwork needs to be processed.
- Any psychological tests that are conducted will be billed separately from counseling sessions using the agreed upon rate.
- Case management (phone calls, emails, letters, meetings with other professionals, etc. conducted as part of your counseling) may be billed in ½ hour increments using the agreed upon rate.
- Clients who miss appointments without proper advance notice may be charged for the missed appointments using the agreed upon rate.
- Claims processing (for various types of insurance or disability claims forms) will be billed in ½ hour increments using the agreed upon rate.
- Access, amendment, or correction of Protected Health Information will be billed at the full rate (not the agreed upon rate).
- Any legal or court-related services will be billed separately at our legal services rate.