Apostolic Christian Counseling and Family Services (ACCFS) is a wholly owned agency of the Apostolic Christian Church of America that serves the mental health and relationship needs of members and friends of the church and others as resources allow. Formed in 2006 at the direction of the Elder Body, ACCFS is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of three elders and six lay brothers. The agency is located in a 5000 sq. ft. building built in 2008 at 515 E. Highland St. in Morton, IL. In short, our mission is helping the hurting, nurturing hope, and encouraging growth.
ACCFS brochure (355 kb)
We operate with the guidance of 4 Core Values; Upright Christianity, Mutual Respect, Confidentiality, and Excellence. Click here to find out more about our 4 Core Values. (67 kb)
When ACCFS was initially formed, the Board of Directors built a Charter document to describe the scope and purpose of the agency. This charter also includes a section on how ACCFS supports the 4 Pillars of the Apostolic Christian Church of America Mission. View the ACCFS Charter. (166 kb)
Click here to read about the history (228 kb) of the Mental Health Committee and the formation of ACCFS.
- 90% of our clients attend the Apostolic Christian Church.
- We provided 3042 counseling sessions in 2016.
- 48% of the counseling sessions were remote sessions (telephone and/or web camera).
- We provided counseling services to people from 68 churches in 2016.
- We provided 498 consults (answering inquiries, free triage sessions) in 2016.
- We provided seminars and training to members from 30 churches in 2016 with over 5,500 people in attendance.
- 75% of operations funding comes from donations.
- Receipts from counseling services cover 25% of the cost of counseling services.
- The average rate paid by clients is 58% of the standard (full) rate.
- We have the equivalent of 12 full time staff.